Thursday, March 20, 2008

Discriminating (against my) palette

I consider myself to have a pretty accommodating palate. I will eat just about anything and have honestly enjoyed it. Some would say I’m not discriminating enough in my taste. To set the record straight I’ve enumerated some things that I absolutely won’t eat unless the life of my wife or children depended on it and some things I would eat only if I needed to. I’ve also listed some of the food I’ve eaten that I really enjoyed just to show that I’m not a hamburger and pizza kind of guy.


Things I won’t eat:

Brussel Sprouts
Braunschwager
Liverwurst
Kimchee
Insects
Dog (I’ve actually had this twice before but not because I wanted to)
Tongue, heart, intestines, pancreas, lung, liver, or any other vital organ of any animal
Pigs Feet – seriously, you know where they’ve been
Brains
Haggis
Crawdads
Refried Beans – nothing good has ever come from eating refried beans
Sautéed Curdled Blood


Thing’s I will eat (and have eaten), even though I would prefer not to, in order to save a friendship, impress my boss, or make my wife happy:

Escargot
Caviar
Eel
Snake
Hollandaise sauce
Hot peppers
Black Licorice


Thing’s I have eaten and, if they weren’t so expensive, I’d eat more regularly:

Lobster Macaroni and Cheese
Seared Ahi Tuna
Jumbo Prawns with Cocktail Sauce
Chicken Marsala
Lobster Ravioli
Veal Risotto
Beef Burginion (sp?)

1 comment:

Amy Pennington said...

sounds yummy! I should try to eat pancreas maybe it would cure my diabetes:)