Wednesday, April 26, 2006

'Final'-ly, Done

Today I completed my last final at 7:15 pm. Hallelujah! It never feels quite like a celebration moment for me, more of a "I can't wait to crawl into bed and finally sleep" moment. Plus, I'm getting a cold from my daughters. A dripping nose isn't fun to go out with.

But tomorrow, with no work and no school, I'm going to enjoy some sleeping in, some sunshine, and some time with my family!

Thinking about another semester ending, I find it's really difficult to get closure to another semester of school when I've been going for six years now with one more left to go. College has become part of my life, as natural as getting up and eating breakfast. Which makes me wonder, am I going to go through withdrawals when I am finally done? I shudder at the thought. I've been in school WAY too long. I don't want to miss it.

Avery is 9 days old today and is doing great. Her face is filling out a bit. She is a good eater and sleeper, which makes things easier for both us parents, but mostly for Steph. But I can't shake this erie thought that's in the back of my head: we're outnumbered by our children! More people to play with!

Tonight, I will sleep without stress. (Now if only Britta would stay in her bed all night, I'd stand the chance of waking up without my back being in knots.) And good riddance to carrying around a 30 lb book bag! I'm taking a VACATION!

No comments: