Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The Biggest Loser -- Taylor edition

[I think I've proven that this is going to be more of a hit and miss posting rather than a persistent effort, anyone surprised?]

I've had two and a half weeks (or three, I've lost count) off of work for school projects, baby being born, final exams, sickness, visiting family, projects at home, and general relaxation. Soooooooooo nice. I was definitely in denial, until I got my $60 paycheck. I'm back at work today.

I realized today that my heart is Texan. I'm excited to get back to the land of hospitality, country music, open spaces, and the place where I met my closest friends and made my favorite memories. It's too bad that Texas isn't where we got our internship; I would've loved that!


Today we begin "The Biggest Loser -- Taylor edition". Quinn (little bro) and I have gotten pretty soft and chunky and our wives want to loose some baby weight. We weigh in tonight, and I'm guessing I'm at 214 or so.

One thing I realized is that I'm a social aerobic exerciser. I don't like to work out by myself if it's running, bicycling, etc. But when it comes to lifting, I don't want anyone watching, which doesn't exactly work -- no spotter.

I can already tell I'm going to lose -- It's only day one and I'm already tired of drinking water and SlimFast. He, he, he... At least tonight is my Mom's birthday and we'll have a rum cake for dessert!

2 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

slimfast I wouldn't lose with that stuff either....gross
Good luck

Amy Pennington said...

slimfast I wouldn't lose with that stuff either....gross
Good luck