Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Washington DC Temple Lights


Some of you may call this announcement pre-mature, but the DC temple lights go on only 3 WEEKS from Friday! Temple lights go on at dusk on the evening of Friday, December 3rd. The first concert is that night at 7 pm: The Chapel Ringers from Fort Myer Memorial Chapel - Handbell Choir.

Last year, Stephanie, my younger brother Alan, and I took the kids to the temple on the 23rd of December. We enjoyed the lights, the nativity, and being close to the temple. We also caught a free handbell concert in the visitor center. I love handbell concerts at Christmas time. I think this was my second most favorite Christmas concert ever. My favorite had hand bells, a full orchestra, a choir, and "falling snow" (really a disco ball). We left that night in high spirits, deeply satisfied, and full of Christmas spirit.

If you are near DC, you should check this out. For more information on the DC temple lights and concerts, check out the website: http://dctemplelights.lds.org/

No comments: