Friday, March 30, 2007

Are you serious?... Another scam?

If there's one thing you scammers need it is to get organized. Just two days after "Kelly Williams" contacted me, I got a very similar email from "Peter Thomas". Here are some suggestions to help make your proposal more believable:
  1. Coordinate who you're mailing to so it's not so obvious you're not legit.
  2. It's Friday, so my week hasn't 'started off' like you suggest it has.
  3. Get someone to proof read your English and grammar - for an individual who supposedly travels and sells internationally, your English is pretty crummy.
  4. Avoid cutting and pasting sentences from one scam email to another - it's too easy to trace them through Google.
  5. Don't give a "yahoo" or "hotmail" domain email as your 'work' email; it's not believable.

But rather than try and perfect your scam, why not get a real job and stop being a parasite? You might actually CONTRIBUTE to society instead of dragging it down. More importantly, everything you do in this life you will have to answer for after you die. Think about that long and hard before you try to scam the next person.

I've included the most recent scam email below so it will be documented on the web and to educate others. Hopefully the scammers will get frustrated when there are no more naive targets for them to go after.

(I received this email on Friday, March 30, 2007. The scams were sent to me because of a posting I made on Craigslist.)


peter thomas (pet_t7@yahoo.com)
Reply-To: pet_tt7@yahoo.com
To:
Subject: Job and accomodation Offer!!(Northern Virginia)

Hi. How has your week started off? My name is Peter thomas. I am in my early age of 50s and I am an European . I come to the states often mostly for business purposes because I deal mostly in jewelry. I supply watches, bracelets, wedding rings and jewelry to stores in the states and Europe . It's my family business cos we are from Switzerland. I bought a house last year in the united states (Northern Virginia) because i love it there .It is with a loving neighborhood. Unfortunately since my father passed away last year, I've been having to go and take care of the family business back in Geneva Switzerland and i realized that it's turning out to be very difficult to supply goods to my clients again in the United states while am away and it will definitely cost me a lot to come over to receive payments cos they usually pay mostly in checks and money orders . running the business from here is with it's own difficulties when it comes to the aspect of payment. It's been like this for a long while now but it doesn'tfavor my business cuz it takes longer time to have all these foreign American checks or Money Orders cashed from here unlike in the States. You can imagine having to wait for another 30-40 days to clear payments received from our American customers. I'm presently working on setting up a branch in the States but for now I'm hoping on meeting responsible Americans that is willing to work with me as one of our American representative that helps receive payments from our customers and clients in the States on my behalf. Every of my representatives works from home without affecting his/her present job if they have any at hand. So what i intend doing is that i am looking for some one to stay at my house free of charge. I don't want to sell the house cos i just bought it and i will have all the rest papers by October but i have all the keys now. I am simply looking for someone that is honest and trustworthy and clean for two reasons 1. to maintain the house when i am away and 2.To help me receive payments from my clients within the USA on my behalf. You don't have to pay me a dime for the accommodation. its just for the purpose of keeping my business going on in the United States.and if you want to keep this assignment as a job let me know so i can allocate 10% on each payment that you receive if at all you don't like to live in the house or if you are far from the house.. The house is a great one with clean bathrooms, walk in closet, a gym , all rooms and living room furnished with electronics . If you want i can email you more pictures and if you are interested i will send the keys to you via courier so you can go and see the house. It is a very lovely house and there is no way you wouldn't like it.If you are interested in handling my business in the state and keeping the house neat, please send me your full name and address with your phone number..I am back in Geneva Switzerland. Let your response go to my business email: pet_t7@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Peter thomas

No comments: