Monday, March 12, 2007

To live here or not to live here...

No one moves out of the three-bedroom units at this apartment complex. For the past three months, I have been waiting for a vacancy to happen, but no luck. Nothing. Only the one and two bedroom places seem to turn over.

It's not that this complex is the ONLY place for us to live, but it is the only place that works for our budget, for my commute, and the size of space that we need. Having lived in an 825 square foot, two bedroom apartment in a four-plex with NO ammenities and only a 15 by 50 patch of lawn, I am looking for something more. This place has everything at a great price (mostly because it has income qualification restrictions for its tax credit program). I check the website at least three times a day (most of the time more like 6) to catch a three bedroom unit as soon as it comes open. Unfortunately, there hasn't been anything. Everyone in the apartment offices says they usually come available every month or two, but I'm starting to think that is an exageration. So, the question is, do I continue to hold out for an apartment there, or do I move on? Our second and third choices would probably necessitate a part-time job for Steph. And how long should we wait?

With me going to DC before the girls, I am hoping that eventually time will be on my side and a place will open up sometime before JULY! In the meantime, I'll try not to run while all my eggs are in one basket.

1 comment:

Amy Pennington said...

I love this floorplan! nice size apartment too!