Monday, September 08, 2008

Abbra Caddabra!

Eden recently expressed a desire to be a magician and has been perfecting several magic tricks.  She performed one for me today:
Eden:  "Okay Mom, now stick your hand inside my hat and see if you can feel a string."
Me:  "I don't feel a string."
Eden:  "Now say the magic words, and I will tap the hat three times with my wand, and a string will appear."
Me:  "Abbra Caddabra make a string appear.  (Eden taps on the hat three times.)
Eden:  "Now, close your eyes because I have to do something secret...and plug your ears because there will be a strange noise."

--eden ducks into my bedroom and sounds of rustling can be heard
15 secs. later...

Eden:  "Alright, mom, now stick your hand in and see if you can pull out a string."
Me:  "Hey, there is a string in here!"
Eden:  "I'll bet you don't know how I did it!"
Me:  cough, cough
This is her magician's outfit.  And yes, that is a cape around her waist.  Her Aunt Allison made it for her four years ago(hence the large hole worn through it).  However, soon after she tried it on as a cape, she took it off, put it around her waist and christened it "Cape Skirt."   I cannot recall a single time in the last four years that the cape has been worn as anything but a skirt. 

8 comments:

Momma said...

She pulls the look off and if she can get a crowd to close their eyes and ignore any sound they might hear, she will be a hit!!

Kelli said...

so cute!

The {Prince} Family said...

That was a cute post, Eden is beautiful!

the letter "J" said...

Watch out David Blane here comes Eden!! Now that is my version of magic! :o)

Melanie said...

your kids are so creative and funny! i love the cape skirt, it's totally working for her.

Katyanne said...

I ben just added me to your blog...how are you..you look great, the kids are so so big and little britta is so pretty with her curly waves. I was like...no!!!!!! that is not!!!!! britta!!!!!!!! that story about the bed was hilariously funny. glad to here you are having a boy. a friend of ours up here just moved to arizona are have a boy finally after 3 girls too. congrats!!!!

Katyanne said...

I meant bread...not bed!!! oops

lincoln1 said...

Oh, you are marvelous parents to be so thoughtful and committed to record these precious episodes in the lives of your children and you so your friends and family far away can enjoy them and have a virtual peek into the fun things that are happening. XOXOXO - Grammy Taylor