Monday, September 08, 2008

Work it Girl!

So, I'd like to think that over the last 6 years of being a parent that I had learned a thing or two-when the kids are quiet they're up to no good, the toilet being flushed over and over is a bad sign, beads fit perfectly in a two year old's nostrils...so this morning when I asked Avery to "pick out her clothes and get them on" (we were rushing to get Eden to the bus stop on time), I don't know why I didn't remember to be very specific in what I was asking her to do. So while I meant "pick out a shirt and pair of shorts", this is what Avery heard: "I can pick out whatever I want to wear!"  And this is what she came up with:(and yes, the care bear came as part of the ensemble as well as a red purse-not pictured)


She earned several stares and quite a few comments from the adults at the bus stop, but instead of being embarrassed, she put her hand on her hip and started swishing her tush like it was no one's business (she has perfected this walk over the last year or so and uses it to end all conversation that she finds disagreeable).

7 comments:

Jamie Anderson said...

I love this outfit very cute!!

Amy Pennington said...

looking over the last few updates I just have to say that you two make some dang cute kids. can't wait to see the next addition:)

Momma said...

You know that 'swish of the tush' is genetic! I do think that she has added a little 'something' to it -has mad it her own!!

Kelli said...

holy crap she looks like siena!

Weaver Family said...

Your girls are too cute! And I LOVE the things they say! They are hilarious! For some reason I thought you already had your baby (must have been thinking of another friend) so for a minute I thought you were prego with #5!:) looks like you guys are doing well!:)

The {Prince} Family said...

She is a DOLL! How cute is that pic?

How are you feeling Stephanie? Any day now, are ya so excited? Have ya figured out a name yet? I check your blog daily waiting to hear the big news!!! GOOD LUCK, we are rooting for you both!

Melanie said...

i am LOL-ing over here! that is the best. so miss avery's tush walk, it's a classic.