Tuesday, September 30, 2008

[No name] is Three Days Overdue

No Baby.

Last night Stephanie and I attempted to come to some sort of agreement on what to name our baby boy.  We were about as successful as the House and Congress have been on the 700B financial rescue package.  Stephanie's top picks are (1) Afton  and (2) Wesley.  I admit that 6 years ago I liked the name Afton for our first boy.  Since then, I've heard of two girls named Afton (one was with my firm).  We've also had three girls since then.  I've been thinking lately that with three older sisters, our first boy needs to have a masculine name.  Wesley sounds too soft to my ears.  

My top picks are (1) Grant and (2) Garrett.  Originally I thought that a first name ending in "t" and our last name beginning with "T" would make the name hard to pronounce.  I've gotten past that and really started liking the names again.  Stephanie however things Grant sounds too nasally (maybe it's how I say it?).  She doesn't really like either of the names I picked, and so we are still at an impass.  

Last night Stephanie was brainstorming as I was falling asleep in my pillow.  The result is that we still haven't agreed on a name and we don't seem any closer.   So, does anyone have any names to suggest?  We obviously need an intervention or some outside help at the very least.   Leave us your name suggestions/comments!

6 comments:

Camille Powell said...

You could always change Wesley to Weston. That might make it a little more manly. I sure can't wait to see this little guy!

Momma said...

Weston is a nice name.

Momma said...

Dad votes for Grant. It wouldn't let me vote twice. He says Grant, Garrett, Wesley, Afton.

Momma said...

What about Joe? It's my dad's name and it's no question a boys name. It could be like Ben is Ben not Benjamin and Joe is Joe, not Joseph.

Elisa said...

Doug and I are having the same problem. We came to an agreement so easily with Kayla that it's taken me by surprise to have this naming process take so long this time around. He's vetoed all the names I like and I've vetoed all the names he likes. I feel your pain. So not like it really matters what I think, but I like Grant and Wesley (and Weston). Hang in there, Stephanie. We're excited to see pictures of the little guy.

Melanie said...

I like Weston as well, and Garrett. Congrats you guys!!!