Friday, April 11, 2008

Cat Update: 2 1/2 months later

I think it's safe to say that the cats have completely acclimated to us. I was woken up several times last night by Piper pacing on my chest and poking my nose with his. He has become very affectionate and loves being pet, even at 2 am. Aside from the interrupted sleep, he hasn't been a bother.

Pepper finally stood still to let me pet him yesterday. He doesn't seem to have the temperment of Piper and often won't sit still for long. He seems to prefer exploring things on his own or stalking Piper. Piper still gets very anxious around evening when Pepper seems to be the most agressive. It reminds me of Calvin & Hobbes.

Both of the cats enjoy napping at the foot of our bed. Eden is especially tickled when she finds out Pepper has slept the night on her bed. The cats also love lounging in front of the screen at the sliding glass door. We have a large stand of bamboo just 40 feet from our apartment that at least a hundred birds nest in every day. The cats love to sit in front of the screen and listen to the cacaphony of bird calls we are treated to as they begin to roost each evening.

1 comment:

Nicman said...

I really miss being able to have cats around - I can't wait until I'm in a position to get a place of my own!

Are you going to post pictures of the cats?