Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Optimist

Today I was pondering why it is I like certain things. Ultimately, I think that it is because I am an optimist. I want to see the best in myself, others, and the world in general. I like happy endings and hope for the best resolution. I’m gullible at times because I want to believe that people are honest. I like pop songs because they are upbeat (even though at times they are more ‘sappy’ than ‘happy’). I like happy endings because I believe everyone deserves the chance to find what they truly desire in their lives.

Of course, life isn’t all roses. But the bittersweet makes the sweet that much more appreciated, right? For me this is the case. After all, if we didn’t experience, sickness would we appreciate health? If we didn’t know sorrow, would we know or appreciate joy? We all benefit from experiencing things that are trying and difficult because not only do they help us realize the good in our lives, but it also gives us the opportunity to become stronger. Opposition gives us the chance to expand our character. I like these opportunities to grow because I believe we all can take the best from these experiences and become better people. And isn’t that the best news of all?

Life is an adventure! Carpe Diem!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy Pennington said...

You and I are very alike with the gullible thing. I always hope for the best in people too. I also hope that I give the best to people and that I am always honest with them...even if it means I am not honest with my self. Some how I put others in front of me. Go figure! The only bad thing is that we may view someone's trial as absolutely earth shattering, when in actuality it is the best plan for them. Understanding that is the hard part. I know I am dealing with that a lot right now. Everyone is so sad for me and my family...while I am rejoicing in the peace in my heart. Peace and happiness are the best gifts ever. Great entry Ben...sorry I am so darn chatty!