Friday, April 11, 2008

Dis-ENCHANTED

Last weekend I had a meeting at the church for a couple of hours, so Steph and the girls decided to have a girls night in. Steph rented Disney's Enchanted to watch with the girls. When I got home I asked how the girls like the movie. Steph said they only made it through the first fifteen minutes. It went something like this...

BRITTA: "Who is that girl?"
"Why is she holding the diamonds in front of her eyes?"
"Why is the Ogre chasing her?"
"It that horse a girl or a boy horse?"
"What is the horse's name?"
(at the end of the first song) "Is the movie over?"
"Why is she running? Is she late?"
"Is she getting married? Who is she going to marry?"
"Who is that man?"
"Why is that old lady pushing her?"
AVERY (laughing): "Oh no."
BRITTA: "Where did she fall?"
"What is that sparkly stuff sticking to her?"
"Where is she going?"
AVERY (laughing): "Oh no."
BRITTA: "Why aren't they cartoons anymore?"
"Why are those people pushing her?"
"Why won't anyone help her?"
"Why is she crying?"

(15 minutes into the movie...)

STEPHANIE: "Who wants to watch Barbie Mermadia?"
GIRLS: "YEAH!!!!"


Stephanie and I watched the movie after the girls went to bed. We got a good laugh out of a few parts, but we weren't so interested that we'd watch it again. This isn't a movie that appeals to young kids, maybe more to the tweeners and some teens. We weren't feeling the Disney magic with this one. However, Amy Adams did a great job portraying a Disney princess in real life. I think she pegged the performance.

5 comments:

Melanie said...

that sounds just like britta! love that girl!! wouldn't she make a great investigative reporter??can't wait to see you guys this summer:)

Amy Pennington said...

that has to be the funniest description of the movie ever...I know what you mean about it not being a kids movie. But my baby girl and I love it! We own it and watch it all the time. We love the songs and I love the eye candy that is patrick dempsey! Megs also likes lord of the rings and harry potter so I guess she may not be like a normal kid her age...go figure my kid not normal:)

the letter "J" said...

Too funny! Claire lost interest in it too went it went real life. She kept moving from Jason to me, wiggling and talking. Not a movie for this little girl either!

The {Prince} Family said...

ha ha so funny the way you described that! I guess that it what happens with 3 little girls in the house! My 3 year old loved this movie! So did Toddy but don't tell Todd :)

Melanie said...

more blogs! more blogs! more blogs! (imagine me banging my fists on the table while chanting) lol! it's been a couple weeks and i'm getting impatient for more info on you and the fam!!

more blogs! more blogs!...