Monday, April 28, 2008

Driving Us Up the Wall (in our van drawing)

A couple of weeks ago I called home during my lunch hour at work to talk to my family. Britta and Avery are usually home with Stephanie all day, and Stephanie noticed some drawing on the wall. "It looks like someone drew a bus on the playroom wall." Britta could be heard in the background to say, "No, it's a van." I asked to speak to Britta, and she told me that someone had been drawing our 'van' on the wall in the playroom. I asked if she had been the one who had been drawing on the wall to which she replied "We don't know who did it!" Hmmmm. I asked her more directly "Britta, did you draw on the wall?" Britta quickly said "Gotta go Dad!" and got off the phone. Any questions?

I relayed my part of the story to Steph who had been occupied with Avery during my conversation with Britta. We both chuckled and then I asked to speak to Britta again. After a couple more coaxing questions I finally got Britta to admit she had drawn the 'van' on the wall. I thanked her for finally telling me the truth and informed her that her consequence was to clean the drawing off the wall. She seemed to perk up when she realized all she had to do was remove the offending drawing.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

HAHAHA! that is going to have me laughing all day! she probably blurted out "it's our van" and then quietly said, "Doh!"