Tuesday, August 12, 2008

7 weeks to baby boy

Stephanie has 7 weeks left to go and we still don't have a name for the baby. Stephanie still favors Afton; I at one point had liked Grant or Garrett, but thought better after realizing that the T's of Garrett and Taylor would run together and sound like D's. Stephanie proposed Wesley as a compromise. Nothing has sounded exceptionally fitting. I don't want to give our first boy a potentially wimpy sounding name. Both Stephanie and I have crossed plenty of boy names off the list based on their association with unpleasant people we've known. Isn't that funny that one person can ruin a name for another person?

With Eden, she was going to be Kaitlin up until we were in the hospital for delivery and we were told that Kaitlin was the 2nd most popular name of the year. We didn't name Eden until two days after she was born, right before leaving the hospital. It just kind of came out of the air and really sounded good.

(By the way, I haven't posted pictures of Steph because she has to approve any pictures of her before I can post them, and she typically doesn't blog herself. Just thought I'd put that out there since there were bound to be questions.)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

what about joshua?

Amy Pennington said...

joshua is what i wanted to name my son if I hever had one.

ian was another one

jason, jackson, brayden, gavin, harrison, mark, jakob

I like j's

Ok i will stop trying to name your new baby...but i love joshua:)

what about family middle names